HistoryOpened in 1996, PDX CONTEMPORARY ART continues to be one of the Pearl District’s most forward-thinking commercial galleries. Representing artists both local and international, owner Jane Beebe strives to mix conceptual work with more personal offerings that are “both intellectually and visually satisfying.” The elegant space, designed by Brad Cloepfil of Allied Works Architecture, boasts monthly exhibitions of represented artists as well as the PDX Window Project, a more experimental space viewable from the street.
The gallery is open First Thursdays of the month 11 a.m.- 8 p.m
Regular hours are 11 a.m.- 6 p.m, Tuesday - Saturday.
COVID Hours Wednesday-Saturday 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
ArchitectureThe gallery is located in one of the oldest buildings in the Pearl District. Allied Works Architecture designed a space that combines a contemporary layout of sliding and rotating walls, with the historic character and natural light of the building. The space reflects PDX's philosophy of recognizing the past, living in the present, and looking to the future.
- Jane Beebe, Owner and Director
- Jordan Pieper, Gallery Manager
- Iván Carmona, Preparator
- Lydia Beebe, Catering and Special Projects
- Nathan Anderson, Preparator
- Ryan Wilson Paulsen, Special Events Assistant
- Graham Bell, Special Events Assistant
- Jill Guild, Outside Projects
- Philippe Le Blanc, Website designer and maintenance